You are heretruth
Philosophy of Language Research Seminar (joint event with Logic Seminar): Gabriele Usberti on Truth, Antirealism and Empirical Statements
Prof. Gabriele Usberti (University of Siena) will deliver a talk.
- Speaker: Gabriele Usberti
- Title: "Una nozione antirealista di verità per gli asserti empirici"
- Venue: aula Mondolfo, III floor, via Zamboni 38, Bologna
The event is organized by prof. Paolo Leonardi (University of Bologna) and prof. Diego Marconi (University of Turin) and it comes at the end of the national research project Aspects of Truth.
- Speaker: Carlo Penco (University of Genoa)
- Title: tba
- Venue: Sala Rossa, III floor, via Azzo Gardino 23, Bologna.
We will discuss Marian David paper on correspondence and truth:
- Reading: Chapter 4 of the book "Correspondence and Disquotation: An Essay on the Nature of Truth" by Marian David, (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1994).
- Discussion leader: Andrea Marino
- Venue: sala rossa, III floor, via Azzo Gardino 23, Bologna
Please find the reading material attached below.
Second reading session on Horwich's Truth
- Reading: Truth (2nd ed.): Chapter 6 and the Generalisation Objection
- Discussion leader: Paolo Leonardi & Sebastiano Moruzzi
- Venue: Sala Rossa, III floor, via Azzo Gardino 23, Bologna
Optional readings: futher papers on the the Generalisation Objection and other problems for minimalism [attached below].
First reading session on Horwich's Truth
We will discuss Marian David paper on Tarski and truth:
- Paper: "Tarski’s Convention T and the Concept of Truth" , in New Essays on Tarski
and Philosophy, (ed) D. Patterson, OUP, 2008 [attached below]
- Discussion leader: Paolo Leonardi
- Venue:Sala Rossa, III piano, via Azzo Gardino 23, Bologna